Are you feeling tired and lethargic? Have unexplained weight loss/gain? Have muscle and joint pains? Then maybe it’s time for you to have your thyroid checked out at one of Olympia K. Pavlides laboratories.
This Thyroid Function daily deal checks the following:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – regulates the circulating levels of T3 & T4 hormones
- Free T3 and Free T4 - control the body’s metabolism, growth and development
- Full Blood Count – check your blood components for any abnormality
- ESR - indicates if any inflammatory process is present
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ located in the base of your neck. It releases the thyroid hormones T3 & T4 that control metabolism—the way your body uses energy.
The thyroid's hormones regulate vital body functions, including:
- Heart rate
- Central and peripheral nervous systems
- Body weight
- Muscle strength
- Menstrual cycles
- Body temperature
- Much more!
How the Thyroid Gland Works
The thyroid is part of the endocrine system, which is made up of glands that produce, store, and release hormones into the bloodstream so the hormones can reach the body's cells. The thyroid gland uses iodine from the foods you eat to make two main hormones: T3 & T4
Every cell in the body depends upon the thyroid hormones for regulation of their metabolism.
It is important that T3 and T4 levels are neither too high nor too low. Two glands in the brain—the hypothalamus and the pituitary communicate to maintain T3 and T4 balance.
- When T3 and T4 levels are low in the blood, the pituitary gland releases more TSH to tell the thyroid gland to produce more thyroid hormones.
- If T3 and T4 levels are high, the pituitary gland releases less TSH to the thyroid gland to slow production of these hormones.
Listed below are other symptoms of too much T3 and T4 in your body (hyperthyroidism):
- Irritability or moodiness
- Nervousness, hyperactivity
- Sweating or sensitivity to high temperatures
- Hand trembling (shaking)
- Hair loss
- Missed or light menstrual periods
The following are symptoms of too little T3 and T4 in your body (hypothyroidism):
- Trouble sleeping
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dry skin and hair
- Sensitivity to cold temperature
- Frequent, heavy periods
- Joint and muscle pain
Although the effects can be unpleasant or uncomfortable, most thyroid problems can be managed well if properly diagnosed and treated. Isn’t it time you had your Thyroid function tested?
Olympia K. Pavlidou laboratories are licensed by the Ministry of Health - certificate
- May buy multiple vouchers as gifts
- One voucher per person
- Voucher Valid for 30 days from issue
- All services must be performed in one appointment
- Please have voucher details ready when booking
- Present printed voucher at the time of your visit
- Not valid with other offers
- No appointment necessary
- Multiple locations across Cyprus
- External and internal quality controls ensure reliable test results
- Professionally qualified Greek and English personnel
- Expert blood taking personnel makes the process less painful and traumatic
- Modern clinical chemistry and haematology analysers
- Full range of other blood tests available e.g. full check-up, tumour markers, hormones, allergy testing
Olympia K Pavlidou Laboratories
Paphos - 95 Evagoras Pallikarises Avenue. tel 26935389
Polis - 1 Arsinoe Street, shop 78, Opposite St Andrews church. Tel 26321211 99683553
Chloraka - opposite Papantoniou supermarket 99683553 99517209
Pissouri - 50 Paphos Street, Pissouri (opposite the police station) 25935389 99517209
Stephanos Pavlides Laboratory
Limassol - 38C Gladstonos Street. tel 25350015
Episkopi - (opposite Episkopiana Hotel) tel 25350015 97647061