First Aid Diploma Course
Everyone in the world would benefit from studying the First Aid Diploma Course. The information within is literally a matter of life and death and though we may not always need to use the knowledge, and hopefully we won’t, it’s a great education to have.
First aid training will equip you with the awareness and practical capabilities of how to react if the worst happens. It’s the knowledge of how to help someone that collapses, cuts themselves, gets hurt in an emergency situation or finds themselves in a medical emergency.
What You'll Learn from the First Aid Course
This course guides you through 9 comprehensive modules:
- What is First Aid?
- First On Scene
- Initial Patient Contact
- Choking and Anaphylaxis
- Heat and Cold
- Burns and Scalds
- Bleeding and Shock
- Bone and Tissue Injuries
- Patient Care and Consideration
- References and Further Study
The first module of the course introduces the topic and gives helpful information on how to approach an accident, injured person, or someone in need of help. This module also covers the commitment that places of work have, to have employees trained in first aid.
Touched upon in the proceeding module, module 2 discusses the role of the person who is first on scene/ the first responder, it also discusses environmental considerations and guides students through some situations that they may find themselves in. Also outlined here is what you should have in a basic first aid kit and what a natural or holistic first aid kit should include.
Moving directly on from module 2, module 3 shows you how to assess a patient and talks through how to perform CPR on adults, children, and infants. Also taught is: how to correctly monitor a pulse, how to get someone into the recovery position and why you would do this, and when a Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) should be used.
Each of the modules 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the First Aid Diploma Course go into specific areas of first aid, discussing when and how treatment should be given and in which situation you would not use certain techniques to treat a patient. These are the practical modules that give you step-by-step instruction on how to assess a patient and give relevant care to patients suffering from: choking and anaphylaxis, heat and cold conditions, burns and scalds, bleeding and shock, or bone and tissue injuries.
Module 9 summarises what has been learnt in the previous modules, whilst also teaching what to do in a medical emergency and discussing first aid in the context of the law.
Who Would Benefit from the Course?
The First Aid Diploma Course is suitable for just about everyone. We all hope that we would never have need for first aid knowledge but at some point in life we generally do, whether it tending to a small graze or cut and knowing how to properly clean and bandage the wound, to recognising the symptoms of a heart attack, how to aid the sufferer, and potentially saving a life. These are skills everyone should have.
More specifically the course would benefit those who are around other people as part of their profession, for example, care and social workers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The First Aid Diploma Course will take you up to 150 hours to complete working from home. There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace. The course comes with a course assessment in the form of quizzes, written questions and short essays, once you have completed your course assessment please email or post it back to us for marking, you will then receive your feedback and certificates.
This course is certified by the IANLPC (International Association of NLP & Coaching) and the IAHT (International Alliance of Holistic Therapists), both of which are internationally recognised organisations. The IAHT certify personal development, health, fitness and nutrition courses. The IANLPC is a global support network for NLP Professionals and coaches, including the fields of Life Coaching, Hypnotherapy Business Coaching, Leadership, Nutritional, CBT, Personal Development and Holistic Therapy.
- May buy multiple vouchers
- Not valid with other offers
- Online Course only
- Voucher valid for 30 days from issue
- For enquiries email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- To redeem your voucher please CLICK HERE
- Please make sure your basket is empty before you start. (Please "remove" any items that may be there).
- You will see a box “Apply free course code”
- Enter your voucher code (be careful not to copy and paste a space into it)
- Click “Apply”
- This will add the course(s) and reduce the price to £0.00
- Then proceed to the checkout
- If you already have an account you will be asked to sign in.
- If you do not have an account you will be asked to register.
- There is no time limit for completing the course it can be studied in your own time at your own pace
- This course will take you up to 150 hours to complete working from home
- Our friendly course advisors are available for support
- This course is fully certified via the IANLPC, upon completion of the course assessment you will receive your Diploma Certificates from the IANLPC and Centre of Excellence.