Public Speaking Diploma Course
Everybody is a public speaker. Maybe you're delivering a corporate presentation or interviewing for a new job. Maybe you're a teacher lecturing students or a citizen addressing a neighbourhood association. Maybe you're arguing a case before a courtroom or persuading book club members about the merits of your latest read.
Whatever the situation, being able to speak in public is essential to success. You can have the most logical argument possible, but in order to truly teach, inform, persuade, or defend, you need to present your ideas with conviction and confidence.
Yet this is often easier said than done. Many of us have a deep fear of public speaking. Or we think it's just an intuitive talent that can't be learned… this couldn’t be further than the truth!
A Course Designed for All Speakers
Explorations of public speaking are often bogged down in complex rhetorical terms. This course has been designed to make the The Art of Public Speaking accessible to everyone. In order to do this, the course takes you through each of the three key components of successful public speaking.
- How to prepare for public speaking
- How to craft a great speech
- How to handle your audience
Practical Advice to Help You in Any Situation
The Art of Public Speaking, though rooted in rich history, is packed with practical advice. Here are just three of the tips you'll find:
- Speak from personal knowledge: Use personal experiences to allow your audience to better connect with you. In polite conversation, talking about yourself is frowned upon; in public speaking, it's essential.
- Organize your facts into a story: When drafting a speech, find the underlying stories in your topic and organize your information around these stories. You'll find it easier to remember your speech, and your audience will engage more with your message.
- Weave familiar references into your speech: Using familiar quotations when addressing your audience can establish a common ground. They may not be your words but, when used sparingly, they can infuse your speech with added power.
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Public Speaking
Where is Public Speaking Used?
Benefits of Public Speaking
Types of Public Speaking
Chapter 2 - Public Speakers
Public Speakers and Society
The Challenges Faced by a Speaker
The Ethics of the Profession
Chapter 3 - Training and Education
Joining a Club
Do You Need A Degree?
The Speaker’s Bureau
Chapter 4 - Preparation
How to Write a Good Speech?
Preparing for a Non-Linear Presentation
Confidence is key
Meditation and Exercise
Know Your Material
Practice, Practice, Practice
Creating Effective Support Materials
Chapter 5 - Presentation
What’s Your Style?
Dealing with Nerves
Keeping Them Engaged
Myths and Rules about Presenting
Chapter 6 - Public Speaking in Your Profession
Make presentations at conferences
Giving Key Note Speeches
Pitch Crucial Client Presentations
Talk to the Public or Media
Make Sales Presentations
Call to Actions
Make Boardroom Presentations
Chapter 7 - Your Network
How to Build a Strong Network
How to establish your name
Chapter 8 - Tips and Tricks
Using Personal Disclosure
Find a Good Influence
Know Your Audience
Talk Like a Leader
Cashing Your Errors
The Start and the Finish
Public Speaking Tricks, Especially for Women
Dealing with Heckling
Ways of Getting Your Ideas Across
Making Use of Your Strengths
What Are You Not Allowed to Do?
Other Tips and Tricks
What Already Works?
- How to prepare for public speaking
- May buy multiple vouchers
- Not valid with other offers
- Online Course only
- Voucher valid for 30 days from issue
- For enquiries email : email@example.com
- To redeem your voucher please CLICK HERE
- Please make sure your basket is empty before you start. (Please "remove" any items that may be there).
- You will see a box “Apply free course code”
- Enter your voucher code (be careful not to copy and paste a space into it)
- Click “Apply”
- This will add the course(s) and reduce the price to £0.00
- Then proceed to the checkout
- If you already have an account you will be asked to sign in.
- If you do not have an account you will be asked to register.
- There is no time limit for completing the course it can be studied in your own time at your own pace
- This course will take you up to 150 hours to complete working from home
- Our friendly course advisors are available for support
- This course is fully certified via the IANLPC, upon completion of the course assessment you will receive your Diploma Certificates from the IANLPC and Centre of Excellence.